Achievable Highlight and Contour Routine
- Step 1. Foundation: Start off with a light layer of foundation. I am using the L’oreal True Match Lumi Foundation with a damp beauty blender and applying a thin layer of foundation all over my face.
- Step 2. Conceal: Start by concealing your under eyes. Place two V shaped lines of your favorite highlighting concealer. I am using the Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer Pen. Placing a V shape underneath your eyes will created a brighter more lifted appearance. Also place concealer on your forehead, down the bridge of your nose, the top of your cupids bow, and on the tip of your chin. Once you have placed your concealer blend everything out with a damp beauty blender.
- Step 3. Contour: Contouring is simple, all you have to do is take a bronzer or a face powder that is two to three shades darker than your skin tone on an angles brush and find the natural hallows in your face. If you are having a hard time finding the hollows in your cheek bones suck in your cheeks and place your contour shade right underneath your cheekbone and blend upwards. Blending upwards will create the illusion of higher more sculpted cheek bones. To make your forehead appear smaller and more sculpted place a bit of your contour shade on the temples of your forehead and blend along your hairline. Also to create the appearance of a slimmer face, place your contour shade underneath your jawline, don’t forget to blend down your neck!
- Step 4. Setting: To avoid any under eye creasing from your concealer, set your concealer with a banana shade powder or a translucent setting powder. This will help your concealer last and stay in place all day long.
- Step 5. Highlight: To further highlight and give your skin a natural lit from within glow, place a powder highlighter on the tops of your cheek bones, forehead, down the bridge of your nose, cupids bow, and on your chin. This will add further dimension to the face and make your features more apparent in a natural way.